Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Guilty Pleasures....

So I graduated! Woohoo!! I was offered a full time job where I was interning and accepted. I haven't started yet though. Still waiting on a start date from them. Not exactly the job of my dreams, but with the way the economy is right now, I am thankful to have a job. Anyway, with the new found down time (something I am not used to AT ALL) I have found some ways to keep myself occupied. Some of which are somewhat constructive. Some of which are simply silly, and those I call my new found guilty pleasures. Let's start off with the more constructive things first, so I don't look like a complete loser....
1. I have started baking alot. Now don't start thinking crazy. I still stick to easy recipes and have still resorted to the good ol' box of brownie mix on occasion, but not always! I love the way the house smells when I'm baking. I definitely don't need to be eating all the stuff I have been baking, so I send majority of it home with my boyfriend. He lives with 4 other college boys. They love me.
2. I have always loved working out. It's therapeutic to me. But now I have the time to actually type out a workout plan that I can bring with me to the gym. It helps me focus on certain body parts each day, and working out is a lot easier to fit in when you have NOTHING ELSE going on that day. I really have no excuse to not have my butt in the gym.
3. Free time has given me time to get through the Twilight series. Now I'm not sure if this should be listed under constructive or guilty pleasure. Reading is constructive, so we will keep it in this category.
4. I have been able to watch the babies some for sissy. Whether it's at her house or I take them around town ,it gives her a break and I love the time I get to spend with them.
5. My house is spotless, always.
Ok I can probably think of some more constructive things, but I'm bored with that....Let's move on...
Guilty Pleasures:
1. Sleeping in. This has only been the past couple days. My body is so used to waking up early that up until the past 3 days, I have been up by 7:30 at the latest everyday. Then Monday came around. I woke up at 7:30 like usual, but decided I would just lay in bed alittle bit and next thing I knew it was 10:30! This happened Tuesday and Wednesday too. I actually don't really like sleeping in. I feel like I am wasting my day. So this is a guilty pleasure that actually I want to end....
2. Twittering. In a previous blog I made a comment about how I tried visiting the whole Twitter world and I just didn't get it. Well due to my recent bit of free time, I have revisted Twitter.com. After reactivating my twitter account, I "revisit" twitter.com hourly. Ugh. But I haven't even gotten to the lame part! On Twitter, you 'follow' people, which means you read their "status updates" if you will (fellow facebookers, should get that concept). Well I "follow" 21 people on Twitter right now. I only know 3 people on Twitter. What I am trying to say is that I am religiously reading the status updates of 18 celebrities that I have chosen to 'follow'. Serously Molly????
3. Reality Shows. Now I have never been embarassed to admit that I am a watcher of the Hills. Now it's the Hills, The Bachelorette, Real Housewives of New Jersey, Dancing with the Stars, John and Kate plus 8, Keeping up with the Kardashians.....

But I have to admit, I am bored. Poor and bored! I would actually much rather be waking up at 6:30 every morning and going to work then these silly things that have been fun for awhile....Well I take that back. I want to still have time for the constructive things.....ok, ok, and a couple shows. ;)

3 comments:

  1. I thought I commented on your blog but it hasn't shown up - hhmmm. Anyway, just said we wanted some of your baked goods and knew it would be a bummer that you moved cross town and we would like for you to get a start date soon so we don't have to support you. I am funny today . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you EARNED some free time! And it'll just make you appreciate your job even more when you go back! I know this is "out there" so you don't have to tell me the name of the company (moi, the conspiracy theorist who thinks Big Brother monitors all cyber-communication. LOL Not really. Well, okay, probably.) Anyway tell me what kind of work you're doing. I can't WAIT til you become a lobbyist! We NEED you up there in DC to straighten out all those loons!

    I love keeping up with you & Annie!

    ReplyDelete