Thursday, May 14, 2009

Grocery Store vs. Red Bull

I used to love red bull. (sugar free) The sound it makes when you pop open the can, the little bubbles that tickle my nose when I take the first sip, the bit of kick that it gives me to start my day off....but alas I have a new energizer.....Publix. Pretty weird huh? Especially because I work there...but seriously! I worked 8 hours at Publix today then drove home, changed into my sweats and went back! Grocery shopping is my new Red Bull! I start off the grocery experience feeling organized because I bring my little reusable bags and my neatly categorized grocery list. Those two things alone are putting me in a good mood. Then I proceed to shop for everything on my list without going over whatever the amount is that I alotted for groceries that week. Adding up all the prices in my head, leads to inspiration for the rest of the week to live within a strict budget. Buying food for meals that I plan on cooking, buying cleaning supplies to keep my adorable new house clean are filling the domestic instinct that I have been feeling lately. (the domestic instinct that I have been feeling lately, could actually be a whole other post, and probably will be soon.) The satisfaction of going through the checkout, staying within budget, having groceries to prevent myself from eating out, and a feeling of helping the planet by using my reusable bags gives me a sense of accomplishment that just spurs more energy. I get home, unload and feel like reorganizing and cleaning my fridge as I put everything away. Then for some reason I always want to do laundry after the grocery store, so I do all the laundry too. Then I'm feeling good about the healthy purchases I made so it makes me want to go to the gym....blah blah blah. By the time I get home from the gym, the kitchen is clean, laundry is done, clean sheets are on the bed and I have fit in a good work out. Did I mention that it makes me want to be a better and nicer girlfiend? I feel like cooking dinner for the boy and doing all of his laundry and cleaning his house too! All because I started off with a trip to the store! Crazy huh? I know, it does sound weird and I'm sure since I have voiced my adoration for grocery shopping, the normal people out there that hate it are going to be asking me to go for them....
Anyway, that has been my night in a nutshell....
I know, I'm weird.....but I could be getting my "high" from other things....

5 comments:

  1. You are hilarious and I see the similarities between you and your sister! I am energized just reading your post...let me go and do a load of laundry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, I'm glad I can inspire others too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you come to my house with all that freaking energy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to come to your house if you would hurry up and get home from the doc!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief! How come I don't feel like that when I shop at Publix??? I can TOTALLY tell you're Annie's sister, but I'm still trying to figure out where you two got those energizer bunny genes . . . *don't tell your mom I said that!!* GLORY, Molly! If only you could package and sell that kind of energy! I'd buy a case!!! No, TWO!!

    ReplyDelete