Monday, May 18, 2009

Gotta Love Girly Nights



Girls nights are great. Most of my girlfriends are in serious relationships and at this age, we all seem to struggle with a balance between girl time and time with the boy. It is easy to get caught up in the excitement of the relationships that we are in and we might forget how much we need our girl time. So, Friday night was girls night. We decided to stay in and have a movie/wine night. So after some wine and Bride Wars (cute cute cute movie) we decided to turn the night into a wedding planning night. We picked wedding dresses, churches, reception sites, colors, bridesmaids etc. Now keep in mind, none of us are engaged yet, but it was the general consensus that the groom is really just an accessory (an important one, don't get me wrong) but they are pretty versatile and really just need to show up. So , I thought I would share a couple things that I came up with....






Church: St. John's Episcopal. If you live in Tally, you know what I'm talking about. It's this gorgeous brick church downtown. I am in love with it. Now, I did read on their website that in order to get married there, you need to be a member and I'm not Episcopalian, but we will work the details out later....






Reception: Lemoyne Art Gallery Gardens. As most of you know (the 3 people, that read this) this is where sissy got married and had her reception. Not only was her wedding gorgeous and I have great ideas for the garden area in the back, I think it would be so cool if we both had our receptions in the same place. Warm fuzzies. :) Anyway, think dusk, white tents, white couches outside, and pretty white lights everywhere....ahhh, so romantic. Loves it.






Dress: Ok, I am in love with J. Crew. I love the look and I feel like it's such a hot, classy mom look. Anyway, they have a wedding section that I love because it's simple and classic. Here's a picture of the dress I found that I just love. Classic, simple, but still girly. And the pockets are great!

The colors and such change pretty much everyday....But I'm pretty sure I have awhile to figure all of that out. (that will be a later post) :)


Anyway, it's just fun to plan and day dream (or in this case, midnight dream) with the girls....










5 comments:

  1. I love it all. You crack me up. Let's all become Episcopalian - ha, ha. I like the simple classy look. If I may weigh in for colors I like jewel tones such as ruby, saphire, emerald etc. And yes girlfriends are very important. They will always be there in times of joy (and pain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like jewel tones too, but I was kind of leaning towards all like natural colors. Like white for me, and then brown bridesmaids dresses with like green and white bouquets....I know it sounds kinda boring, but it's hard to explain. I'm about to come over, so I'll show you a pic when I get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very elegant and kind of trendy I guess. I would have to see pix. See ya in a little . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better late than never here. I love that you & your girlfriends did this! SO fun. Were there more pictures than just the wedding gown? Can't see any??? But that dress is STUNNING. You would look gorgeous in it!! And the Lemoyne....how romantic! And such wonderful memories of Annie & Paul's wedding there! Episcopalian, eh? We'll all have to start practicing much more solemn behavior in our worship, won't we? Just make SURE your Tennessee friends are invited when the time comes!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No more pictures. Getting that one up was difficult enough for me, and it's not even where I wanted it on the page! Where's Hannah when you need her? Her blog is so pretty.
    I am Twittering again. I "follow" you (sounds creepy) but you aren't do anything to follow! HAHA. You and Hannah are pretty much the only people that I follow that I know. The rest are like celebs. How lame is that? HAHA. Guilty pleasure. What can I say...I have had alot of downtime since graduation and waiting to start work!

    ReplyDelete